Payments Industry Experts Discuss 2022 Challenges
Telecoming has attended the presentation of the 1st Payments Observatory made by the Spanish Marketing Association and Ditrendia. It is a comprehensive report about how payments impact the customer journey. The leading players of the payments industry like Visa, Bizum, Pecunpay, American Express and for sure, Telecoming came together to prepare this complete report and presented it to the press today. Our Country Manager, Rodrigo Santiuste, gave a vision of the future of payment methods focused on user experience, like Direct Carrier Billing.
“The payment method industry has always worked on developing solutions to integrate the payment moment in the purchase process. The user must be aware that he is paying, but the charge cannot be a stopper. Working on the user experience at such a critical moment is key to improving sales. That’s why on-click models work so well.” Rodrigo Santiuste, Country Manager at Telecoming.
Here you’ll find the key trends to understanding the payments industry situation for 2022:
- “2020 will be remembered as one of the most decisive years in the payment industry transformation, both for the adoption of more innovative solutions by consumers and for the evolution of cashless transactions.”
- “The world without cash will still take a long time to arrive and will do so unevenly in different countries.”
- “The user demands safe, comfortable and fast payment methods used around smartphones.”
- “The integration of mobile payment methods in the internet shopping experience reinforces the security and ease of charge, which can drive sales.”
- “The acceptance and use of cryptocurrencies are one of the payment trends that will grow the most in the coming years, although they still face challenges and resistance. As younger generations move towards making their payments with cryptos, these methods will become more popular with merchants, boosting their acceptance.”
- “Open banking is one of the formulas contributing to banking transformation and will be an adoption model since it allows the integration of customers’ financial data to develop more personalized and segmented products.”
- “It is still early to assess the impact of Super-Apps (mobile phone applications that bring together everything the user needs, both financial services and non-financial products, in one place). Its irruption in the different countries is not equitable, nor are they having the same success, so it is early to talk about this in-app consumption model.”
- “The future of payments will be in the mobile environment, technology and the internet of things. It will stand on three relevant axes for customers: simplicity, speed and security.”
- “The acceleration of mobile commerce transactions and the implementation of national P2P will create friction with card networks. The m-commerce payments solution will be more competitive, and we may see the appearance of new devices that will be able to carry out payments on behalf of the user.”
At Telecoming, we will keep on sharing relevant information for mobile payments. Are you interested in seeing the full report (in Spanish)? Click here
Subscribe to our newsletter below, and don’t miss a thing!